Last Update: May 22, 2019
This Data protection privacy notice (“Notice”) explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, how we use and with whom we may share information about you during your recruitment, employment and post-employment. We are required to notify you of this information under data protection legislation. Please ensure that you read this Notice and any other similar notices we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you.
Who collects the information
Streamline Studios Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (“Streamline”) is a “data controller” and gathers and uses certain information about you. This information is also used by our affiliated entities, namely Streamline Media Group, Inc., Streamframe Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. and Streamframe Corporation (our “affiliated companies”) and so, in this Notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ mean Streamline and our affiliated companies.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information during your employment:
• your name, contact details (address, home and mobile phone numbers, email address) and emergency contacts (name, relationship and home and mobile phone numbers);
• information collected during the recruitment process that we retain during your employment;
• employment contract information;
• details of salary and benefits, bank, payroll and tax information;
• your age;
• details of your spouse/partner and any dependants;
• your nationality and immigration status and information from related documents, such as your passport or other identification and immigration information; marriage, birth or educational certificates.
• information in your sickness and absence records (including sensitive personal information regarding your physical and/or mental health);
• your racial or ethnic origin, religious or similar beliefs;
• information on complaints raised by or involving you;
• information on conduct and/or other disciplinary issues involving you;
• details of your appraisals and performance reviews;
• details of your performance management/improvement plans (if any);
• details of your attendance records;
• information in applications you make for other positions within our organisation;
• information about your use of our IT, communication and other systems, and other monitoring information;
• your image; and
• details in references about you that we give to others.
Certain of the categories above may not apply to you, depending on what type of agreement we enter with you.
How we collect the information
We may collect this information from you, your personal records, your doctors, from medical and occupational health professionals we engage and from our insurance benefit administrators, other employees in relation to any grievance, conduct appraisal or performance review procedure, door entry systems, automated monitoring of our websites and other technical systems, such as our computer networks and connections, CCTV and access control systems, communications systems, remote access systems, work email and instant messaging systems, Streamframe and other internet facilities, telephones, voicemail, work mobile phone records.
Why we collect the information and how we use it
We will typically collect and use this information:
• for the performance of a contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract;
• for determining and reviewing salaries, incentives, bonuses and other benefits;
• for consideration of promotion, career development, training or performance monitoring;
• for monitoring compliance with our internal policies and procedures;
• for legal compliance (e.g. our obligations to you as your employer under employment protection and health safety legislation);
• for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party (such as a benefits provider), but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms;
• because it is necessary for carrying out obligations or exercising rights in employment law; and
• for reasons of substantial public interest.
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
With whom we may share the information
We may also need to share some of the above categories of personal information with other parties, such as external contractors and our professional advisers and with potential purchasers of some or all of our business or on a re-structuring. We may also be required to share some personal information with persons seeking employee references in respect of employees, any health care professional or hospital, our auditors, lawyers, banks, our service providers, payroll and insurance vendors or as required to comply with the law. Usually, information will be anonymised, but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
Where information may be held
Information may be held at our offices and those of our affiliated companies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above. Information may be transferred internationally to the United States of America and other countries around the world, including countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in Malaysia, for the reasons described above. We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold.
How long do we keep your information
We keep your information during and after your recruitment process or employment for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is processed.
Your rights to correct and access your information and to ask for it to be erased
Please contact People Hub, who can be contacted at email@example.com if you would like to correct or request access to information that we hold relating to you or if you have any questions about this Notice. You also have the right to ask People Hub to limit the processing of some but not all of the information we hold in certain circumstances.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We may amend this Notice from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede all previous versions.